Sunday, July 28, 2013

FEGG - G13 - Remy - Chapter 1


 A smell of smoke spread through our house.

 I was the first to get to the fireplace.

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" I screamed and stared at the blazes.

 Mom came running after like two seconds.

"I've called the fire department!" she said. "Now, go out to the frontyard!"

Dad also came into the living room, but unfortunately he stood to close to the fire, so suddenly the blazes reached him!

He screamed in pain and now it was impossible to me to go out. "DAAD!" I screamed and I could hear mom scream too.

 Then finally, the fire fighters came.

"OUT!" they shouted and mom took me and my siblings to the door.

 They put off the fire on my dad first, and then they continued with the rest.

 When everything was extinguished, we ran back in, to dad. Mom hugged him hard.

"I thought you were going to die!" she sobbed.

 "M-me to.." dad said. He looked frightened.

 The fire fighters were just going out the door, when the next fire started.

 But this time, dad grabbed the closest fire fighter's extinguisher, and put off the small fire by himself.

 Right after that, he sat down on one knee and picked up a box.

 Then he proposed to my mother. Just like that.

"Now before it's too late." he started off. "Will you marry me, Spencer?"

 This time mom screamed by happiness and jumped into my father's arms. 

Me and my siblings and the fire fighters applauded and laughed. We all were just as happy and relieved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I sat in the kitchen, writing down what mom had told me the night before.

She had told me a lot of stories and memories from our family history, and now I just tried to remember them all.

 Suddenly my sister sat down next to me.

"What are you doing? Homework?" she asked. 

 "No... not really..." I mumbled. "I'm writing down stories..."

"Don't tell me you're still doing that family history stuff..." she said. "Please God, when are you going to grow up?"

"I like doing this..." I said. "It's fun."

"Yeah, but you make me look like a weirdo too." Nora said. 

I didn't answer her. I could never make her like what I was doing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 Dexter and I joined Nora in High School. 

She was not very happy about it, but she couldn't actually stop us from getting older.



 And we also redid Dexter's and my room. 

We had that high fence in between our beds, just for some privacy. Not that there were much of a privacy anyway, since you could see through the gapes in the fence.

But I liked it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment